Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: 64 bit Knoppix

  1. #11
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    17
    fine thanks!

    btw - i found a forum for knoppix64 users but there nothing going on until now. http://knoppix64.dr.ag/

  2. #12
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    203

    before I try

    Before I do this does anyone know what needs to be done after the install to get back to pure debian (aka kanotix)?

    btw according to our content filtering stuff at work knoppix64.dr.ag is blocked as a sex site! Wow it must be really hot software

    on apt I usually get rid of the unstable sources from my sources.list but keep testing. Ive mainly been using kanotix becuase the HD install is cleaner... but Im wondering if I should try this or just install gcc 3.4 and recompile my kernel (and then gcc !)

    Has anyone else tried this?

  3. #13
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    You have to find a free proxy to get around stupid filters at work....

    Regards,
    AJG

  4. #14
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    124
    Can anyone tell me where to find the checksum for KNOPPIX64? I've downloaded the iso image but it gives me a checksum error. I am trying the cd on 32bit machine. Could be this the problem? Gentoo64 just says that the processor doesn't support long... bit.
    Thanks

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1

    Fail using a Compaq Presario R3240US AMD 64 bit processor

    AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+ 2.0GHz
    54 Integrated 802.11b/g Wireless LAN
    15.4" WXGA High-Definition Widescreen Display
    nVIDIA GeForce4 440 Go 64 MB
    512 MB Memory
    (can supply more specs/link if needed later)

    I try to boot from the 64 bit version of knoppix found from here:
    www.applia.fr/knoppix64

    And I get:

    Knoppix V3.4 - 64 bits RELEASE: 2004-05-31 based on KNOPPIX 2004-05-04



    Linux 2.4.21-209-smp

    (the penguin picture)

    Only one processor found.
    ..MP-BIOS bug: 8254 timer not connected to IO-APIC
    schedule_task(): keventd has not started


    Can anyone help me?

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2
    Hiya!

    I loaded the image and burned it, so far all went fine.
    Then I traid to boot the CD and it keep saying "only one processor found".
    Any idea why?

    My config:

    Acer Aspire 1511 LMI

    AMD Athlon64 3000+ (1.8GHz)
    512MB RAM
    WinXP SP2 Home (yeah, I try to change that... thats why I want 64Bit-OS-support)

    So, what should I do, I'm almost a Linux-noob, but I try to change that. :}

    I dont understand why it says "only one processor found"... sure my notebook got only 1... or did I missunderstood the message?

    Btw. is there any "64bit benchmark" in that 64Bit-Knoppix? Would like to compare 32Bit with 64Bit somehow...

    phiny regards!

  7. #17
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    the nosmp cheatcode might help

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by OErjan
    the nosmpGrea cheatcode might help
    thanks, great. "Knoppix nosmp" helped. But How do I now get a good benchmark-value that I can compare with the 32-Bit Knoppix 3.4?

    phiny regards :}

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1

    Where to find Knoppix64

    Apparently the server in France is not working
    Code:
    Connection refused
    Any ideas where to find this distro? All my googling keeps pointing to the France homepage.
    Thanks,
    Jerry

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1
    does d knoppix 64 support SATA?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Lot of 4 SAMSUNG 16GB 1Rx4 PC4-2400T DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A2K40CB1-CRC4Q picture

Lot of 4 SAMSUNG 16GB 1Rx4 PC4-2400T DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A2K40CB1-CRC4Q

$320.00



2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder picture

2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder

$3.99



x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM picture

x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM

$329.99



Team Group T-Create Expert RAM 32gb (2 x 16gb) 6000 Mhz DDR5 Desktop Memory Modu picture

Team Group T-Create Expert RAM 32gb (2 x 16gb) 6000 Mhz DDR5 Desktop Memory Modu

$399.95



Samsung 64GB (4 x 16GB) PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A2K43BB1-CTD7Q picture

Samsung 64GB (4 x 16GB) PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A2K43BB1-CTD7Q

$324.95



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Samsung 32GB (2 x 16GB) PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A2K43BB1-CTD7Q picture

Samsung 32GB (2 x 16GB) PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A2K43BB1-CTD7Q

$169.95



Elixir 100GB (25x4GB) DDR3 PC3-10600R ECC Reg RDIMM 240-Pin M2L4G72CB4NA1N-CG picture

Elixir 100GB (25x4GB) DDR3 PC3-10600R ECC Reg RDIMM 240-Pin M2L4G72CB4NA1N-CG

$149.99



MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1 | 32GB PC4-2666V ECC RDIMM Server RAM picture

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1 | 32GB PC4-2666V ECC RDIMM Server RAM

$184.95