Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Savage Driver(S3 Savage Pro KM266) Here

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Muscat.Oman
    Posts
    262

    Savage Driver(S3 Savage Pro KM266) Here

    For those who use s3 savage pro km266 video chip here is the driver.
    I took it from mandrake 10. I got tired of typing fb cheat at boot prompt so I remastered knoppix with this driver in /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/.

    I do hope this will help you http://eksanz.tripod.com/LinuxFiles/savage.zip

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Muscat.Oman
    Posts
    262
    Corrected the link above to :http://eksanz.tripod.com/LinuxFiles/savage.zip

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Thanks. I loaded up Knoppix on a box belonging to a friend of mine with the Savage chip and I had to use fb. Oddly I tried running Mandrake 10 on his box and although X would start KDE would lock up. If I get a chance to work on his machine again I may use this.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Muscat.Oman
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by aay
    Thanks. I loaded up Knoppix on a box belonging to a friend of mine with the Savage chip and I had to use fb. Oddly I tried running Mandrake 10 on his box and although X would start KDE would lock up. If I get a chance to work on his machine again I may use this.
    You can put the savage driver manually evrytime knoppix is running -well,I believe you know that more than I do-being the moderator/expert here!

    If mandy 10 works on other types of dm then it is not a driver issue.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by bongski55
    You can put the savage driver manually evrytime knoppix is running -well,I believe you know that more than I do-being the moderator/expert here!

    If mandy 10 works on other types of dm then it is not a driver issue.
    Yes. I just not sure when I'll have access to his box again.

  6. #6

    Broken Link

    The driver's link is not working!

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Muscat.Oman
    Posts
    262

    Re: Broken Link

    Quote Originally Posted by g.piacentini
    The driver's link is not working!
    Its working now.Anyway I sent the file to you via email.I hope it works!

  8. #8

    Drivers issues.

    Hi,
    first thanks for sending me the drivers.

    I copied the savage_drv.o in /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/, but when i run the xf86cfg config script, i cannot find the driver for s3 savage KM266, so... what I did wrong, or what I have to do???

    Thanks in advance.


    Giorgio.

  9. #9
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Muscat.Oman
    Posts
    262
    double post

  10. #10
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Muscat.Oman
    Posts
    262
    edit your /etc/X11/xf86config-4 like this:
    Section "Device"
    Identifier "Card0"
    # The following line is auto-generated by KNOPPIX mkxf86config
    Driver "savage"
    VendorName "All"
    BoardName "All"
    # BusID "PCI:1:0:0"
    EndSection

    then restart knoppix.It should be able to automatically detect the driver and display correctly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Version 3.6 Still Has Old Savage Driver
    By bongski55 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-06-2004, 08:50 AM
  2. S3 Savage KM133 video driver
    By ProDJ Tech in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-24-2004, 04:33 PM
  3. VIA KM266 USB-problems
    By marcvandoornik in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-19-2003, 07:20 PM
  4. Blasted savage problems
    By napthali in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-04-2003, 08:44 PM
  5. s3 savage 2003
    By pat1 in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-18-2003, 03:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12 picture

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12

$1599.99



2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder picture

2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder

$3.99



P43330-0A1 HPE 32GB 2RX8 PC5-4800B DDR5 SERVER RAM P43328-B21 / HMCG88MEBRA107N picture

P43330-0A1 HPE 32GB 2RX8 PC5-4800B DDR5 SERVER RAM P43328-B21 / HMCG88MEBRA107N

$1100.00



Micron MTA18ASF2G72PDZ-3G2J3 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory RDIMM picture

Micron MTA18ASF2G72PDZ-3G2J3 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory RDIMM

$114.95



SK Hynix 64B PC4-2933Y Server Memory DDR4 RAM HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM picture

SK Hynix 64B PC4-2933Y Server Memory DDR4 RAM HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM

$499.99



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Samsung (8X16GB) 128GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA-RE2-12 Registered ECC Memory DDR4 picture

Samsung (8X16GB) 128GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA-RE2-12 Registered ECC Memory DDR4

$849.99



Samsung 96GB LPCAMM2 PC5 9600 FE1 E1 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K6LC3CL1-CCV DDR5 Memory picture

Samsung 96GB LPCAMM2 PC5 9600 FE1 E1 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K6LC3CL1-CCV DDR5 Memory

$2150.00



Samsung 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P DDR4 ECC Server Memory RDIMM M393A2G40DB0-CPB picture

Samsung 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P DDR4 ECC Server Memory RDIMM M393A2G40DB0-CPB

$104.95



x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM picture

x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM

$329.99