Corrected the link above to :http://eksanz.tripod.com/LinuxFiles/savage.zip
For those who use s3 savage pro km266 video chip here is the driver.
I took it from mandrake 10. I got tired of typing fb cheat at boot prompt so I remastered knoppix with this driver in /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/.
I do hope this will help you http://eksanz.tripod.com/LinuxFiles/savage.zip
Corrected the link above to :http://eksanz.tripod.com/LinuxFiles/savage.zip
Thanks. I loaded up Knoppix on a box belonging to a friend of mine with the Savage chip and I had to use fb. Oddly I tried running Mandrake 10 on his box and although X would start KDE would lock up. If I get a chance to work on his machine again I may use this.
You can put the savage driver manually evrytime knoppix is running -well,I believe you know that more than I do-being the moderator/expert here!Originally Posted by aay
If mandy 10 works on other types of dm then it is not a driver issue.
Yes. I just not sure when I'll have access to his box again.Originally Posted by bongski55
The driver's link is not working!![]()
Its working now.Anyway I sent the file to you via email.I hope it works!Originally Posted by g.piacentini
Hi,
first thanks for sending me the drivers.
I copied the savage_drv.o in /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/, but when i run the xf86cfg config script, i cannot find the driver for s3 savage KM266, so... what I did wrong, or what I have to do???
Thanks in advance.
Giorgio.
double post
edit your /etc/X11/xf86config-4 like this:
Section "Device"
Identifier "Card0"
# The following line is auto-generated by KNOPPIX mkxf86config
Driver "savage"
VendorName "All"
BoardName "All"
# BusID "PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection
then restart knoppix.It should be able to automatically detect the driver and display correctly.

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 40 Cores Unlim CAL Retail License Authentic
$299.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00
ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99