Hello, hope this helps:
http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html
Hey,
I'm a complete newbie to linux in general. Koppix is working great but I'm a little overwhelmed by the amount of software it comes with. I've looked for a complete list of software that comes with Knoppix, and either I've missed it or it doesn't exist.
Is their a complete list of programs for this knoppix 3.4 w/ descriptions of what they do?
OR Is their a way to inventory knoppix to determine what software exists?
**(not looking for 'how to use' information just an overview, enough to know what it's useful for)
Hello, hope this helps:
http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html
thanks but i've been there.
It only gives the highlights, (i guess most popular programs). their is a lot more than that on the CD.
Try using KPackage. Click on the Installed tab and click on the package name, on the right side will be a brief description.
Thanks so much,
KPackage is perfect, better than I hoped for...![]()

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC
$115.00
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$128.00
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99
Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00