use a knoppix cd to boot from the usb drive.
hello!
i got the following:
pc with usb 2.0
usb drive with 1.5 GB
as my cd-rom drive is very slow i'd like to install the knoppix cd on my USB 2.0 drive
my pc does not boot from usb, so i do need a set of floppys (or better a cd) to boot the kernel (2.6) and mount my usb 2.0 drive
any ideas?
use a knoppix cd to boot from the usb drive.
that's exactly what i've been trying for hours! but how is this done? a knoppix cd boots as default from cd an not from usb?!Originally Posted by Don_PhrostByte
maybe this is a silly question, but i'm an absolutelely knoppix newbie...
Maybe (and I strongly stress maybe) this will work:
http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dist...images/floppy/
Get the boot.img. That is actually the boot image for the Sarge installer for Debian and it loads USB drivers..I won't have a chance to try it out myself until next week. There was also a DOS floppy somewhere on the web long ago but I had no luck with it. I'd be curious to know of any results you may have. I *think* there was a Knoppix remaster that had USB boot capabilities but that may have been for USB boot BIOS boxes only.

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98