Hello, hope this helps:
http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html
Hey,
I'm a complete newbie to linux in general. Koppix is working great but I'm a little overwhelmed by the amount of software it comes with. I've looked for a complete list of software that comes with Knoppix, and either I've missed it or it doesn't exist.
Is their a complete list of programs for this knoppix 3.4 w/ descriptions of what they do?
OR Is their a way to inventory knoppix to determine what software exists?
**(not looking for 'how to use' information just an overview, enough to know what it's useful for)
Hello, hope this helps:
http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html
thanks but i've been there.
It only gives the highlights, (i guess most popular programs). their is a lot more than that on the CD.
Try using KPackage. Click on the Installed tab and click on the package name, on the right side will be a brief description.
Thanks so much,
KPackage is perfect, better than I hoped for...![]()

SK Hynix 1TB PC801 M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 2280 SSD
$100.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47
Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99
External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00