This link might help.
I'm just curious what some of the file tree equivalents are in linux compared to Windows.
I've gathered the /home/ is basically a My Documents section, I'm curious what would really be considered Linux's 'Program Files' is it the /usr/bin ?.
I just want to get organized
Thanks.
This link might help.
Thanks alotOriginally Posted by DuckDodgers
![]()
Well /home is ALOT more than My Documents. /home contains specific configurations for users as 'dot files' or files that start w/ a period i.e. .mozilla (contains your bookmarks, plugins etc) and .xmms (contains your xmms skin choce et. al.).Originally Posted by Jerunk
Since this is a true multi-user system most directories will not be writable by users.
Most application configuration files (i.e. /etc/apache/httpd.conf or /etc/samba/smb.conf) are located in /etc.
If you want to know where an executable is located (xmms for example)simply issue:
Different distros do things differently!Code:which xmms /usr/bin/xmms
Here's another link:
http://www.linux-mag.com/2000-06/newbies_01.html
Hi Jerunk,
In addition to the file structure, here in a
nice bridge to liunx.
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/DOS-Win-to...OWTO.html#toc5
Best Wishes
paradocs
Thank you good sirs,

Vintage Cherry W. Germany G80-0486H/05 Mechanical 25-Pin D-Sub Keyboard M8
$170.99
Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
Compaq Presario 7594 Vintage Desktop PC Windows 98 SE 64MB Floppy CD-ROM
$129.00
Vintage Pokemon 1999 Official Nintendo Squirtle Mouse Pad New In Factory Wrap
$35.00
Vintage Motion Control AB Beehive Technologies ADB I/O Interface Apple Macintosh
$239.99
Vintage 5.25" Floppy Disk Drive Cleaning Kit Lot (1 Scotch 3M + 1 Verbatim) NOS
$49.00
Commodore VIC-20 Vintage Computer w/ Original Box Manual Power Supply Tested
$164.99
Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard
$350.00
Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*
$80.00