Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Help Please

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    45

    Help Please

    After loading 3.4 as a dual boot to hard drive I created a new user. I have 10 windows and linux partitions mounted and showing on my KDE desktop. I have two CD Rom devices that don't work. I delete what I don't want or need and then create new devices that work. Then when I restart it autoloads all of the original devices again but saves the new ones too. What do I need to do to preserve the configuration so it autoloads the nest reboot?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    276
    Maybe worth a try, go to KDE control center, desktop, behavior, device icons, and uncheck "show device icons". It keeps the ones I made but I don't unecessary ones popping up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Military Aerospace FLAP CONTROL Circuit Board Hybrid Modules Gold ICs picture

Vintage Military Aerospace FLAP CONTROL Circuit Board Hybrid Modules Gold ICs

$224.95



Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra picture

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra

$120.00



Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used picture

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used

$55.99



VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED picture

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED

$500.00



Vintage Apple Comp Rainbow Black Canvas Leather Laptop Briefcase Messenger Bag picture

Vintage Apple Comp Rainbow Black Canvas Leather Laptop Briefcase Messenger Bag

$49.00



Vintage Military Aerospace FLAP CONTROL Circuit Board Hybrid Modules Gold ICs #2 picture

Vintage Military Aerospace FLAP CONTROL Circuit Board Hybrid Modules Gold ICs #2

$189.95



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Vintage Intel 8085 CPU Processor Board Ceramic Gold IC Industrial Military Rare picture

Vintage Intel 8085 CPU Processor Board Ceramic Gold IC Industrial Military Rare

$199.95



Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board. picture

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.

$135.37



Vintage HP DVD Writer dvd210i Internal IDE Drive Q2116A BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED picture

Vintage HP DVD Writer dvd210i Internal IDE Drive Q2116A BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED

$58.85