see http://www.knoppix.net/docs/
or when you have the Knoppix-CD mountet to /cdrom
and a fd without importand data use shell:
(all data on fd will be overwritten)
dd if=/cdrom/KNOPPIX/boot.img of=/dev/fd0
rob
I installed knoppix on the HD, without making bootable floppy when the installation was running.
How can I make bootable floppy now, when the knoppix is on the HD?
see http://www.knoppix.net/docs/
or when you have the Knoppix-CD mountet to /cdrom
and a fd without importand data use shell:
(all data on fd will be overwritten)
dd if=/cdrom/KNOPPIX/boot.img of=/dev/fd0
rob
PS: I don't know if this fd boots only CD-Roms or also your
hd-installation. I don't use fd anymore........
I understand. But I want to be shure, that I am on the secure side. I switched from indows recently and still have "gaps" in understanding linux. I just want possibility to boot into hd installed knppix, if sth happens with boot sector or lilo. And this ican happen, if you have more partitions on the disk.Originally Posted by Robert Michel
Salve o_corn!
>I understand. But I want to be shure, that I am on the secure side. I >switched from indows recently and still have "gaps" in understanding >linux.
I hoped someone other take-over and explaind you better what I havn't.
>I just want possibility to boot into hd installed knppix, if sth >happens with boot sector or lilo. And this ican happen, if you have >more partitions on the disk.
I fear what I wrote would only help for booting CD-ROMs.
A command like mkbootfd would not be bad-
BUT now you have a KNOPPIX CD.
I can remember, years ago that I fight with lilo, faild and
couln'd boot my system anymore. If today something would go
wrong, I could take a Knoppix-CD to repair this fault.
Read http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/mini/LILO.html to learn more about LILO.
AFAI kow you can use boot=fd0 in your lilo.config to write LILO to
your floppy.
A good toutorial to become familar with GNU/Linux is the rutebook:
http://www.icon.co.za/~psheer/book/rute.html.gz
Beside my opinion, that Knoppix as rescue-tool is better
than a boot-disc, your question is still unanswered, and a good one:
How to make a bootdisc later?
Greetings
rob
Thank you. I have to say that it helps me a lot. I just turned upside down my thinking about the "problem". I am still thinking too windowish.

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5" SAS ST4000NM0025
$22.00
Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99
HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99
Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99
Hitachi HDS723030ALA640 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5in HDD, Low Power-On Hours
$49.00
Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99
HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00
Seagate Exos X16 16TB ST16000NM001G 7200RPM Enterprise HDD*USED GREAT CONDITION*
$319.79
New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59
NEW Sealed Toshiba N300 Pro 10TB NAS HDD 7200RPM
$299.99