yeah it is that easy, but you should still recompile the kernel on your own, and here's the way I do it...
http://www.desktop-linux.net/debkernel.htm
just remember that he's doing it for 2.6.3 so just replace his instructions for 2.6.6
<edit. WRONG THREAD.....SORRY </EDIT>
Hi.
Im currently downloading the latest en.iso of 3.4 (using 3.3 at the moment) with the intention to hdd install again.
From what I have read I just use "knoppix26" at boot to boot into knoppix with the 2.6 kernel then hdd install from here, set up grub and voilla a 2.6 kernel.
Surely its not this easy ?!?
If this ^^^ isnt they way to do it, is their an easier way then compiling it myself? (I have never done it and am scared!)
I also read that $"apt-get install kernel-image-2.6.6-1-k7" will work. Again, surely it cant be this easy.
If by some goodness both these ^^^ methods work, which would you suggest I use.
Also, is their anything I should consider before using 2.6.xxx?? Hardware issues, kernel panics etc???
Thanks for reading this.
yeah it is that easy, but you should still recompile the kernel on your own, and here's the way I do it...
http://www.desktop-linux.net/debkernel.htm
just remember that he's doing it for 2.6.3 so just replace his instructions for 2.6.6
Why it certainly is that easy.Originally Posted by jammin
![]()

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$344.74
Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97
Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99
Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86
Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99
Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99
Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00
Juniper EX4300-24P 24 Port Gigabit PoE+ Switch.
$95.62