Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix HD install, but SWAP isn't being used..

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    21

    Knoppix HD install, but SWAP isn't being used..

    I installed 3.4 a few weeks ago on my harddrive with the knoppix-installer command, and I was using the partitioning utility that comes up, the problem was it wouldn't let me create more than 1 partition, so I couldnt create a swap or anything. I booted into my Windows Partition and used Partition magic, created a ext3 partition, and a Linux Swap partition and a few minutes ago I used the 'top' command in the terminal and realized none of the SWAP is being used and loads of my ram is being used..

    I'm a novice user, how do I initialize the SWAP ?

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    21

    Re: Knoppix HD install, but SWAP isn't being used..

    Ok nevermind, I guess the resource handling is very good, btw I have 768mb of ram.

Similar Threads

  1. 3.4 install- can't change the swap?
    By explosion242 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-14-2005, 05:20 PM
  2. About to try HD install for first time - SWAP size?
    By colin stewart in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-20-2004, 06:42 AM
  3. knoppix-install doesn't detect swap partition
    By stonedyak in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-29-2004, 03:28 AM
  4. knoppix hdd install and swap partition ?
    By raphael24 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-07-2003, 10:48 PM
  5. Hdd Install of swap file
    By fjon13 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2003, 06:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RARE HyperX Pulsefire Raid RGB Gaming Mouse HX-MC005B Black Optical USB picture

RARE HyperX Pulsefire Raid RGB Gaming Mouse HX-MC005B Black Optical USB

$129.99



Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i

$228.00



EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD picture

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD

$239.99



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



OWC Express 4M2 USB4 40Gb/s 4-Slot NVMe M.2 SSD RAID Enclosure w/ Cable picture

OWC Express 4M2 USB4 40Gb/s 4-Slot NVMe M.2 SSD RAID Enclosure w/ Cable

$125.00



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$300.00



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00