Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix HD install, but SWAP isn't being used..

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    21

    Knoppix HD install, but SWAP isn't being used..

    I installed 3.4 a few weeks ago on my harddrive with the knoppix-installer command, and I was using the partitioning utility that comes up, the problem was it wouldn't let me create more than 1 partition, so I couldnt create a swap or anything. I booted into my Windows Partition and used Partition magic, created a ext3 partition, and a Linux Swap partition and a few minutes ago I used the 'top' command in the terminal and realized none of the SWAP is being used and loads of my ram is being used..

    I'm a novice user, how do I initialize the SWAP ?

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    21

    Re: Knoppix HD install, but SWAP isn't being used..

    Ok nevermind, I guess the resource handling is very good, btw I have 768mb of ram.

Similar Threads

  1. 3.4 install- can't change the swap?
    By explosion242 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-14-2005, 05:20 PM
  2. About to try HD install for first time - SWAP size?
    By colin stewart in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-20-2004, 06:42 AM
  3. knoppix-install doesn't detect swap partition
    By stonedyak in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-29-2004, 03:28 AM
  4. knoppix hdd install and swap partition ?
    By raphael24 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-07-2003, 10:48 PM
  5. Hdd Install of swap file
    By fjon13 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2003, 06:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



Samsung 32GB DDR4 2x16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200A SODIMM M471A2K43EB1-CWE picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4 2x16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200A SODIMM M471A2K43EB1-CWE

$124.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module picture

Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module

$29.25



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix picture

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix

$30.00



MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT picture

MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT

$159.99



CORSAIR Dominator DDR3 CMP8GX3M2A 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM picture

CORSAIR Dominator DDR3 CMP8GX3M2A 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM

$21.04



Team Group Team Elite DDR3-1600 DIMM 16GB (2x8GB) 240-Pin Desktop RAM picture

Team Group Team Elite DDR3-1600 DIMM 16GB (2x8GB) 240-Pin Desktop RAM

$35.00