-
Junior Member
registered user
Knoppix HD install, but SWAP isn't being used..
I installed 3.4 a few weeks ago on my harddrive with the knoppix-installer command, and I was using the partitioning utility that comes up, the problem was it wouldn't let me create more than 1 partition, so I couldnt create a swap or anything. I booted into my Windows Partition and used Partition magic, created a ext3 partition, and a Linux Swap partition and a few minutes ago I used the 'top' command in the terminal and realized none of the SWAP is being used and loads of my ram is being used..
I'm a novice user, how do I initialize the SWAP ?
Similar Threads
-
By explosion242 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-14-2005, 05:20 PM
-
By colin stewart in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-20-2004, 06:42 AM
-
By stonedyak in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-29-2004, 03:28 AM
-
By raphael24 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-07-2003, 10:48 PM
-
By fjon13 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-29-2003, 06:13 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Mixed Brand 120/128/240/256GB SSD 2.5" SATA III 6GB/s Internal Solid State Drive
$34.99

Western Digital PC SN740 256GB M.2 2280 NVMe Internal SSD (SDDPNQD-256G)
$32.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Samsung 980 500GB NVMe M.2 2280 SSD MZ-V8V500 - Tested Working.
$50.00

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99