Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix HD install, but SWAP isn't being used..

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    21

    Knoppix HD install, but SWAP isn't being used..

    I installed 3.4 a few weeks ago on my harddrive with the knoppix-installer command, and I was using the partitioning utility that comes up, the problem was it wouldn't let me create more than 1 partition, so I couldnt create a swap or anything. I booted into my Windows Partition and used Partition magic, created a ext3 partition, and a Linux Swap partition and a few minutes ago I used the 'top' command in the terminal and realized none of the SWAP is being used and loads of my ram is being used..

    I'm a novice user, how do I initialize the SWAP ?

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    21

    Re: Knoppix HD install, but SWAP isn't being used..

    Ok nevermind, I guess the resource handling is very good, btw I have 768mb of ram.

Similar Threads

  1. 3.4 install- can't change the swap?
    By explosion242 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-14-2005, 05:20 PM
  2. About to try HD install for first time - SWAP size?
    By colin stewart in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-20-2004, 06:42 AM
  3. knoppix-install doesn't detect swap partition
    By stonedyak in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-29-2004, 03:28 AM
  4. knoppix hdd install and swap partition ?
    By raphael24 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-07-2003, 10:48 PM
  5. Hdd Install of swap file
    By fjon13 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2003, 06:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS picture

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS

$16.95



GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats picture

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats

$35.00



VTG Atari 130XE Home Computer System 130 XE  Parts or Repair READ picture

VTG Atari 130XE Home Computer System 130 XE Parts or Repair READ

$150.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari 1040ST Vintage Home Computer | Turns On picture

Atari 1040ST Vintage Home Computer | Turns On

$299.99



ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical  - USA Seller picture

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller

$29.99



GORF Atari/Roklan 400/800 Cartridge Brand New In Box picture

GORF Atari/Roklan 400/800 Cartridge Brand New In Box

$48.00



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



READ UNTESTED But Works Vintage Atari 410 Program Recorder  picture

READ UNTESTED But Works Vintage Atari 410 Program Recorder

$34.50