Hello, have burned knoppix and am trying to get it to boot on a Dell Dimension 8200
cpu: 2Ghz
Mem 256mb RDR
has both DVD +R and CDROM
I am currently running WinXP at Home
Have 2 hdds
one 40gb with my windows
one 80gb with a linix partition (failed Mandrake install)
and 40gb win partion
When I try to boot into kmnoppix, it finds my hard drives and also the optical drives as all hda, hdb, hdc and hdd
then it looks for the cdrom and usually starts at dev/sda1 and just blinks and blinks until my power saver kicks in, at one time it made it to dev/sda7 but that was over 30 mins of time.
If I can't use knoppix, what can I use, I really want to get into linux.
Thanks
Ron

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89
LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04
2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99
Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99
US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89
2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower
$16.99
Multifunctional Handheld Vacuum Cleaner & Blower for Keyboard/PC US SELLER
$39.99
Cordless Vacuum Cleaner for 20V Battery, 7-in-1 Lightweight Stick Vacu...
$149.15
Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard
$17.99
Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99