Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Praise and a small suggestion

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    5

    Praise and a small suggestion

    After two frustrating days trying to update Knoppix 3.3 to the 2.65. kernel (I made a mess of it BTW ) , I gave up and downloaded version 3.4. Frankly, I am amazed.

    I installed 3.4 to my HD - it has detected all my hardware without a hitch, looks beautiful, and runs very smoothly. I must say thanks and congratulations to the people who got this package together. I believe it will change a lot of people's minds about LInux. It is now so easy to use that the command line hardly matters - I am a busy non-programmer and can't spend days crawling through the references (though I would love to). Now I can just install and go!

    I have learned important lessons from using 3.3 - which is good. My problem was configuring lilo - silly I know - but I feel there are many like me. Would perhaps a GUI lilo Editor be useful? It would to me. Perhaps one already exists?

    I might try to write one for the experience and post it here (don't hold your breath tho :P).

    In the meantime, I will evangelise knoppix to my friends and colleauges - it really is a wonderful thing. Thanks again to the developers and the contributors to this forum.

    Respeck,

    Jarlath

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    if you have KDE you have a "controllcenter" there you have a graphical tool for lilo i have never used it but i have seen it there (iirc it was in knoppix 3.2 when showing a friend around linux).

Similar Threads

  1. suggestion: dmidecode, mtx
    By apb25 in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-14-2005, 09:30 PM
  2. Scanners -- a word of praise!
    By fingers99 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-01-2004, 03:21 AM
  3. Suggestion for DVD distribution
    By pj in forum Knoppix DVD
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2003, 08:18 PM
  4. Just a little obvious suggestion
    By RealNitro in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-07-2003, 12:34 PM
  5. knx-hdinstall suggestion
    By rms46 in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-14-2003, 12:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.50



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



HYNIX HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK 32GB PC4-2666V 2RX4 RDIMM MEMORY HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK picture

HYNIX HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK 32GB PC4-2666V 2RX4 RDIMM MEMORY HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK

$189.99



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



One Lot of 50 SK Hynix 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P ECC RAM HMA42GR7MFR4N-TF Server picture

One Lot of 50 SK Hynix 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P ECC RAM HMA42GR7MFR4N-TF Server

$2599.00



Lot Of 2 Samsung 64GB (1x64GB) 2Rx4 PC5-4800B DDR5 Ram ECC Server Memory Tested picture

Lot Of 2 Samsung 64GB (1x64GB) 2Rx4 PC5-4800B DDR5 Ram ECC Server Memory Tested

$4389.99



Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1 picture

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1

$399.00



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00