Did you look into your /boot -dir?
I have a Knoppix-3.4 hdd-installl running kernel-2.6.5
While trying to install VMware-4.5-workstation, it comes out that running kernel was compiled with gcc-2.95. 6 (?) and the iinstalled compiler is gcc-3.3.3
Is there a way to get /usr/src/linux/.config file for kernel-2.6.5 that was
used to compile the running kernel, in order to compile it exactly with
same kernel-configure options using gcc-3.3.3?
Is there any other solution to VMware-4.5 install problem???
-ishwar
Did you look into your /boot -dir?
Yes it is there! One more question :Originally Posted by user unknown
Is the patch file for kernel-2.6.5 in /usr/src is for vanilla
kernel-source (ftp.kernel.org) OR kernel with Debian -patch already
applied?
-ishwar
Very good!
Ish: I don't understand your question.
A precompiled kernel, build to satisfy most of the users, is a vanilla-kernel.
I never heard of 'vanilla-source'.
I don't know the 'Debian-patch' too.
rocos: what's very good?

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00
(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99
Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00
Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00