I think you need to use the cheatcode toram to be able to eject the CD. This would need ~1 GB ram.
If you don't have the ram for this, you could try a lighter version like DamnSmallLinux of FeatherLinux.
After booting knoppix from the cd, how do I change that cd?
My pc only has 1 cd drive, and the knoppix cd needs to be mounted
to run programs from it. The command: "umount /cdrom" logically fails.
But to access files from another cd, I need to remove the knoppix cd,
in such a way that the knoppix system keeps working.
Now what is the secret little trick to temporarily unmount the knoppix cd???
Thanks in advance, because apart from this little problem, knoppix is really neat.
I think you need to use the cheatcode toram to be able to eject the CD. This would need ~1 GB ram.
If you don't have the ram for this, you could try a lighter version like DamnSmallLinux of FeatherLinux.
Yeah, Markus, I think that you are right.
As formulating a question is often answering it, I started to realize that unmounting the cd isn't really possible, just as you cannot unmount the root disk with any other *nix.
I am now going to install knoppix on the hard disk, using another cheatcode to a similar effect.
It still tickles me, though, how the cd burn program managed to eject the knoppix cd ...

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72