Looks like I had a similar problem. I used the dvi output of the videocard then. When I used the analog output, the monitor displayed allright.
Knoppix seems to detect everything correctly as it is booting up (both 2.4 and 2.6x kernels, as well as just about every cheatcode possible), but when it goes into the graphical display.. everything is all corrupted, just looks like a bunch of graphical gibberish all over the monitor.
Any idea what I have to do in order for it to work properly? I've tried literally every cheatcode that made sense to use, from fb to setting the vsync/hsync to 60, failsafe, you name it.
*edit* Btw, this is for running LIVE off the cd, figured that would be assumed since there'd be no way for me to install it anyway seeing as I can't do anything once it's loaded.![]()
Looks like I had a similar problem. I used the dvi output of the videocard then. When I used the analog output, the monitor displayed allright.

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98