-
Junior Member
registered user
system hosed?
This weekend I did:
apt-get -t unstable install kaffeine kaffeine-mozilla
on my hdd knoppix install.
Kaffeine tried to install but (for some unknown reason) failed. Now my system boots but I have very limited functionality. The KDE menu has only a few entries. Can't start Konqueror or KMail. In fact, I can't even start a console window from inside KDE.
So I guess some files were overwritten and trashed. What to do? I'm thinking I must re-install Knoppix.
Too bad ProBono's post about klik came too late for me....
Any advice?
Similar Threads
-
By helios17 in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 10-16-2004, 06:03 PM
-
By j.drake in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-15-2004, 02:58 AM
-
By mzilikazi in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 04:51 AM
-
By WinH8r in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-22-2004, 06:20 AM
-
By dsleeb in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-04-2003, 11:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold "AS-IS" for Parts or Repair
$88.75

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95