I tried the 5/10 version, Knoppix STD, FreesBIE and Phlak and they all seem to choke on my SMC2532. I'm a Linux midget, would anybody be willing to walk me through some basic troubleshooting?
Knoppix 3.4 recognizes my other Prism 2 cards but not my SMC2532W-B which is a Prism 2.5 card. There is no card detected on start up (looks for a D-Link somethingorother) and IFCONFIG shows no active WLAN. Any ideas?
I tried the 5/10 version, Knoppix STD, FreesBIE and Phlak and they all seem to choke on my SMC2532. I'm a Linux midget, would anybody be willing to walk me through some basic troubleshooting?
In Knoppix STD did you try this:
http://www.knoppix-std.org/forum/vie...hlight=smc2532
In particular the last post. May be able to use the same procedure in Knoppix 3.4.

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72