I found this link this weekend:
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...Customizations
Apparently it is very easy to remaster Knoppix to make your own version. Several people had done just this and have made some interesting contributions.
At the link above there are several "micro" versions of Knoppix that take up only 200 mega bytes of hard disk space.
It seems that with the option of being able to remaster Knoppix even smaller versions should be possible.
I installed Knoppix to my new pc this weekend.
I was very impressed. The installation only took about 20min and at the end of it I had a fully usable/comfortable version of Debain on my system.
Knoppix is a sub distribution of Debian that runs off of a cd or that can be installed to a hard drive ( see the FAQ on knoppix.net ). It can also be considered an "easy debian".
Steve

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Lot of 5x SFP-10G-LR CISCO 10-2457-02 10GBASE-LR SFP+ Transceiver
$75.00
LOT of 50 – Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 10GBASE-SR SFP+ Transceiver 10-2415-03
$180.00
Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94
Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99
Cisco Catalyst WS-C3650-12X48UQ-L 48 Port UPOE 4x 10G SFP+ Switch
$175.00