Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Winldows Partition invisible after hd install

  1. #1

    Winldows Partition invisible after hd install

    After installing Knoppix 3.4 on my notebook Acer Travelmate 230 on an existing Linux partition one of my windows partitions -FAT32- is invisible under Win XP. I can see the partition and also access the partition on Linux. How can I reactivate the partition?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    130
    See this post: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11138

    I think you may need to make the partition a logical partition rather than a primary one. I had a similar problem while installing Debian (not Knoppix) on my PC at home. In my case I had three Windows partitions (two NTFS and 1 FAT32) and two Linux partitions (1 swap, 1 reiserfs). Windows XP would automatically change the FAT32 partition to a hidden FAT32 partition. I could boot Linux and read/write to the FAT32 partition, I could also run cfdisk to "unhide" the partition, but every time I booted windows, it would hide it again. I changed my partitioning to make the FAT32 partition a logical drive and now Windows sees all three partitions.

Similar Threads

  1. How to install to hdd and partition hdd ?
    By empro in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-02-2005, 10:24 PM
  2. How should my partition look for HD install?
    By prochobo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-23-2005, 07:33 AM
  3. How to make a partition invisible to Windows?
    By eco2geek in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-10-2004, 10:17 PM
  4. Can I Install to a partition And How
    By mperry2014 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-30-2003, 08:19 AM
  5. can't install on new partition
    By stoneangel in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-21-2003, 11:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



Western Digital 0B36404 Ultrastar DC HC320 8TB 7200RPM SATA HDD, HUS728T8TALE6L4 picture

Western Digital 0B36404 Ultrastar DC HC320 8TB 7200RPM SATA HDD, HUS728T8TALE6L4

$250.00



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99



Seagate Exos ST20000NM003C 20TB CMR 7200RPM SATA6Gb/s 3.5

Seagate Exos ST20000NM003C 20TB CMR 7200RPM SATA6Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise Hard Drive

$509.99



Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5

Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$23.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s

$55.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99