-
Winldows Partition invisible after hd install
After installing Knoppix 3.4 on my notebook Acer Travelmate 230 on an existing Linux partition one of my windows partitions -FAT32- is invisible under Win XP. I can see the partition and also access the partition on Linux. How can I reactivate the partition?
-
Senior Member
registered user
See this post: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11138
I think you may need to make the partition a logical partition rather than a primary one. I had a similar problem while installing Debian (not Knoppix) on my PC at home. In my case I had three Windows partitions (two NTFS and 1 FAT32) and two Linux partitions (1 swap, 1 reiserfs). Windows XP would automatically change the FAT32 partition to a hidden FAT32 partition. I could boot Linux and read/write to the FAT32 partition, I could also run cfdisk to "unhide" the partition, but every time I booted windows, it would hide it again. I changed my partitioning to make the FAT32 partition a logical drive and now Windows sees all three partitions.
Similar Threads
-
By empro in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 12
Last Post: 05-02-2005, 10:24 PM
-
By prochobo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-23-2005, 07:33 AM
-
By eco2geek in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-10-2004, 10:17 PM
-
By mperry2014 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-30-2003, 08:19 AM
-
By stoneangel in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 09-21-2003, 11:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard
$95.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99