Yes, Knoppix seems to become popular for file sharing. There is also a native KDE Gnutella client called Apollon (which I prefer over LimeWire), and aMule. Both can be live-installed from http://klik.berlios.de
I am runing 3.4 version and have saved my desktop configuration on the hard drive. The machine is 2.6 pentium with 1 gb of ram.So i can store iso on ramdisk and burn it from there while runing from cd,thanks to the second cd rom .I also use Lime wire,while runing live cd.LimeWireLinux bin is located on a local hard drive and takes minute for install.I just extract it to the home directory and hitLimeWire icon to start it.The downloads are going so smoothand i can swap the files to the hard drive to make aditional space ,if needed.For root access,i run Root Shell and type passwd. It prompts for new password,so i type it twice(Cheat codes).I was less fortunated while trying to install other packages.I can considere myself as newbie ,my first distro was Mandrake 10,but I rarely boot to it.Rather than that Im thinking of bying more ram
P.S. Dont chase me becouse of bad spelling,this is not my mother language![]()
Yes, Knoppix seems to become popular for file sharing. There is also a native KDE Gnutella client called Apollon (which I prefer over LimeWire), and aMule. Both can be live-installed from http://klik.berlios.de
Thanks so much for klik! Now I can convince more Windows users to try Knoppix ! May force be with you!
Yes indeed, the live-installation using klik worked fine with koppix 3.4
As I'm just trying to do my very first steps with Linux/Koppix, the klik installation tool enables to extend the knoppix distribution in an easy way.
Meanwhile and unfortunately, the linked aMule source (http://gunnm.org/~soda/dists/unstabl...rc3-2_i386.deb) seems not to be valid any more, and it would be a great idea to get that link updated.
Knoppix is great, especially when it is integrated with P2P sofwares![]()
My question is:
Is there any live-installation for DC++ using klik ?
Thanks for your help.
klik://dcgui-qt is running fine using Kanotix, I didn't test it on Knoppix though.Originally Posted by Icewind

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00
IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00
IBM SYSTEM X3550 M5 5463AC1 2.5x8 Server 2*XEON E5-2640 V3 8GB SEE NOTES
$85.99
Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99
IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 )
$24.99