-
Video4linux problems - no device present
Hello!
Running Knoppix 3.4/2.6.5-kernel on an ECS G732 laptop. Everything is relatively okay, just need access to a hi-speed connection to get everything the way I want it (i.e "vanilla" debian).
I cannot use the 2.4 kernel since it doesn't see my Synaptics touchpad, and I don't have a USB mouse around at the moment.
Now, the reason I came here...
I'm having a problem with getting my stv680 compatible digital USB camera (L'Espion) up and running. I had it running on another machine (with Mandrake) earlier, but that one is not available at the moment for config comparison. It works just fine in digicam mode(gtkam - as root), but won't for some reason work in webcam mode. It seems to be a problem with video4linux.
Code:
root@lighthouse:~# xawtv
This is xawtv-3.92, running on Linux/i686 (2.6.5)
can't open /dev/video0: No such device
v4l-conf had some trouble, trying to continue anyway
v4l2: open /dev/video0: No such device
v4l2: open /dev/video0: No such device
v4l: open /dev/video0: No such device
no video grabber device available
I have also tried all the other /dev/video#. No luck.
I have loaded the modules: stv680, usbvideo, videodev
All the dev-files are present and accessible , anyway I ran as root.
It's set up according to the gqcam documentation.
I tried with a w9968cf based camera too, and I had the same problem (it was autodetected at startup).
Am I missing some modules or is it something else?
Edited lsmod-listing (I removed those that I know are definetly not relevant):
Code:
root@lighthouse:~# lsmod
Module Size Used by
md5 8064 1
ipv6 248320 6
radeon 110620 6
lp 14024 0
eth1394 22916 0
stv680 27776 0
usbvideo 29312 0
videodev 11904 2 stv680,usbvideo
nls_iso8859_1 8320 0
8250 34208 0
serial_core 23168 1 8250
usb_storage 67072 0
ohci1394 33920 0
ieee1394 305552 2 eth1394,ohci1394
ohci_hcd 20864 0
uhci_hcd 33416 0
usbcore 94420 7 stv680,usbvideo,usb_storage,ohci_hcd,uhci_hcd
ds 17920 0
yenta_socket 17664 0
rtc 15560 0
jbd 68256 1 ext3
So, anybody gone down this path before? Any hints where to start looking? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. I've been messing with this for four days now, and I'm stumped...
Sorry for a long and convoluted post.
Similar Threads
-
By b4you-bbog in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-26-2005, 06:12 PM
-
By joekrahn in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-21-2004, 07:05 AM
-
By midwestdiscuss in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-03-2004, 12:11 AM
-
By po in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-13-2003, 07:01 PM
-
By Lilmuckers in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-13-2003, 03:22 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640
$39.99

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate Exos X16 ST12000NM001G 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$349.95