-
Setting up NFS Server with Knoppix
Hi,
I'm trying to setup an NFS server using Knoppix. I've booted into Knoppix and logged in as root, started the nfs-kernel-server and nfs-common services in /etc/init.d/ but when I try to take an image from my client machine onto the server I get nfs server not responding. I've checked rpcinfo -p and have portmapper, nfs, nlockmgr, status and mountd running so I can't see what the problem is?
Can anyone provide me with some pearls of wisdom to get this thing going?
-
Senior Member
registered user
What is your NFS share directory?
Are you running from the CD or HDD-installed?
NFS and samba will not work unless you have permanent storage. They cannot abide a dynamic-sized ramdisk.
Using the persistent home feature will allow you to use NFS or samba while running from CD, but only if your share is the directory /home/knoppix.
-
/dev/hda4 is mounted to /mnt/hda2 which is the nfs share. This share allows all users and workstations to read and write to the share and makes use of the async option.
I'm running from a HDD-install of Knoppix from an 80GB hard drive.
On the client I mount /mnt/hda2 on the NFS server to /mnt/test on the client.
Similar Threads
-
By explosion242 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 05:56 AM
-
By emmbec in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-11-2005, 05:19 AM
-
By softgun in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-29-2004, 02:59 AM
-
By Flitt in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-09-2003, 09:11 AM
-
By roberto dias in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-30-2003, 07:31 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

Intel Core Ultra 5 235T SRQES CPU Processor Excellent Used Condition
$88.00

Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00

Intel Core i5-7500 SR335 3.4GHz 4-Core LGA 1151 CPU PROCESSOR
$14.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD
$169.99

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99