-
Junior Member
registered user
Knoppix 3.4 compiling problems cpp
hi,
most of the time when I try to compile a program I get the following message:
Code:
configure: error: C preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
I reinstalled cpp with apt-get. And I'm running from a HD install with kernel 2.6.5.
/lib/cpp --version
Code:
cpp (GCC) 3.3.3 (Debian 20040422)
Copyright (C) 2003 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Someone who knows how to solve this?
thx,
F.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Which cpp did you get?
Could it be that gcc and cpp are different versions?
Have you tried removing cpp and compiling?
I'm a bit puzzled by this as I've never, on any Linux system, had to install cpp as a seperate entity. Even when I've had to install gcc the pre processor has been sorted by whichever/whatever installation tool I used.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Try g++ from GCC which is included in KNOPPIX. I never had a problem with it!
Good Luck,
AJG
-
Junior Member
registered user
cpp, gcc and g++ are all version 3.3.3, I have removed and reinstalled these packages but without result. (apt-get)
How can I use g++ instead of cpp, or what do you mean AJG? I'm just doing ./configure, and that's what's giving me the CPP errror...
thx for the response so far,
F.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I wonder if you're using the wrong version of GCC for that particular package?
Generally, the later the version of GCC is, the more ansi compliant (and the fussier) it is, especially with regard to C++.
What's the output of
gcc -v
?
You'll probably find there's a symlink in /usr/bin: you could try pointing that to the other version (or re-setting the environment).
If all else fails, contact the developer of the package.
-
Junior Member
registered user
gcc -v gives:
Code:
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/3.3.3/specs
Configured with: ../src/configure -v --enable-languages=c,c++,java,f77,pascal,objc,ada,treelang --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/3.3 --enable-shared --with-system-zlib --enable-nls --without-included-gettext --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-debug --enable-java-gc=boehm --enable-java-awt=xlib --enable-objc-gc i486-linux
Thread model: posix
gcc versie 3.3.3 (Debian 20040422)
ls -al /usr/bin/gcc* gives:
Code:
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 7 2004-06-03 22:40 /usr/bin/gcc -> gcc-3.3
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 80716 2003-12-23 12:35 /usr/bin/gcc-3.2
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 85164 2004-05-23 15:44 /usr/bin/gcc-3.3
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 2004-05-27 14:02 /usr/bin/gccbug -> gccbug-3.3
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 15886 2003-12-23 11:20 /usr/bin/gccbug-3.2
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 15995 2004-05-23 15:38 /usr/bin/gccbug-3.3
I really don't see what's wrong... (maybe 'cause I'm not really poweruser...but I'm working on it...:P)
c ya,
F.
-
Senior Member
registered user
What are you trying to compile?
Regards,
AJG
-
Junior Member
registered user
I tried several sources to compile, kbootsplash, modules for my printer/scanner, lirc, muse, some tv apps, ... most of the things are also available in debian packages but not all of them...
Similar Threads
-
By redss in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-11-2005, 09:19 PM
-
By kepler in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-06-2004, 03:26 PM
-
By covici in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-21-2004, 05:58 PM
-
By Fang in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-01-2003, 05:54 PM
-
By kentborg in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-04-2003, 04:49 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99