-
Ezques external firewire hdd cannot mount
My friend told me that it is possible to use Linux to access a nonaccessible fat 32 partition. So I have an external firewire 120gb hdd (80gb used) which is not accessible.
It was used in MAC OS X and keeps asking us to initialize it. SO i tried to access it in Window XP but whenever I click the drive, it asks me to format.
So I booted Knoppix and the firewire drive showed up. Click on it and got the following error:
“Could not mount device. The report error was mount: I could not determine the file system type & none was specified”
How can I moun the hdd by other means as I need to recover 80gb of the data for my user
Thanks
CD
-
I'm prob out of my element here (MACOS = not me) but do you think the part. is not accessible because of a damaged partition table? I just had some luck using Knoppix to recover a W98 HD using a utility called gpart. It can sniff out and rebuild the MBR Partition table in some cases. It is on the knoppix cd and it ran from a super user term window. like gpart /dev/hdx The usage nfo on the CD is insufficient but I found a pretty good description on it's use on the web. Try google for gpart and see what you can find.
If Knoppix found the HD that at least is a good sign. I'll try to help if we can come up with why the disk is not accessible. Lemme know.
Similar Threads
-
By pubo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-15-2005, 12:27 PM
-
By remhigh in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-24-2004, 07:55 PM
-
By Guy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 10
Last Post: 11-05-2004, 07:46 PM
-
By shiva777 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 11
Last Post: 03-24-2004, 10:56 PM
-
By copeloa in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-25-2003, 02:31 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core 4750U 1.70 GHz 512 GB SSD 16 GB RAM Win11Pro
$240.00

HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD
$249.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 4.7GHz Socket AM5 CPU 5600MHz 96MB L3
$355.00

Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11
$89.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

Microsoft Surface Go 2 Laptop Core i5 1135G7 2.4GHz 8GB 128GB SSD
$179.99

DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99

Panasonic CF-20 Core M5-6Y57 8GB RAM 256GB, SSD,WIN 11,
$225.00