Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: KPackage Error????

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    5

    KPackage Error????

    when i try to uninstall something under KPackage i get
    "Exec Failed: No Such File Or Directory"
    but i can uninstall using "dpkg -r <NAME>"
    any help would be nice

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    How are you using Kpackage?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    5
    Start | System | KPackage

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Stanwood Washington
    Posts
    84
    I get the same error. Starting Kpakage from the pop-up menu on the desktop - ?? Knoppix System???

    Any Ideas...

    Not able to find the same packages in dpkg, or maybe I just don't understand what I see. Kpakage is very easy to understand - If I can get past the error when trying to install...

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    276
    I am not currently using Knoppix but did and am still a regular user of KPackage and have seen plenty of errors with that front end - but not this. I take it you are getting this error after it asks you for root password? If it isn't asking for pw, it should be.

    For jollies, start KPackage from the command line, it will still bring up the gui but may be more informative where there are errors. (if you get a zillion errors over the icons, ignore them)

  6. #6
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Stanwood Washington
    Posts
    84
    OK - I tried running KPackage from a "root shell" and got the same results
    exec failed: No such file or directory
    The package I was trying to load was
    kdebase
    in an attempt to make sure I could install the
    kscreensaver
    without loosing everything I had done up to now. I'v gotten burned five times and don't realy want to reload everything again!

    Any ideas on where to go from here? Do I have to upgrade my install first?

  7. #7
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Stanwood Washington
    Posts
    84
    OK - I tried KPackage under a Konsole and got a lot further
    Now when I try to update kdebase, I get a few dependancy errors like
    < 'kdelibs3' 'kdelibs3-bin' 'kdebase' ;echo RESULT=$?
    Reading Package Lists... Done
    Building Dependency Tree... Done
    Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
    requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
    distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
    or been moved out of Incoming.
    The following information may help to resolve the situation:

    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    kdebase: Depends: libqt2 (>= 3:2.3.1-1) but it is not installable
    kdebase-libs: Depends: libqt2 (>= 3:2.3.1-1) but it is not installable
    kdelibs3: Depends: libqt2 (>= 3:2.3.1-1) but it is not installable
    Depends: libxslt1 (>= 1.0.16) but it is not installable
    kdelibs3-bin: Depends: libqt2 (>= 3:2.3.1-1) but it is not installable
    Depends: libxslt1 (>= 1.0.16) but it is not installable
    lilo-config: Depends: libqt2 (>= 3:2.3.1-1) but it is not installable
    E: Broken packages
    RESULT=100
    here is a list of the packages I was trying to install
    • kdebase
      kdebase-libs
      kdelibs3
      kdelibs3-bin
      lilo-config

    I figured I'd pick on something simple - like lilo-config.

    Question - What's with the
    but it is not installable


    I tried to find the file libqt2 without finding any such record on my root drive nor on my swap drive.

    Where do I go from here?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    382
    You're getting that when you just type kpackage in the CLI? You can look in /usr/bin and see if kpackage is there. But it sounds like maybe it's not installed.

    KPackage really isn't a good idea for things like kde apps that may have many dependencies. If you use apt-get in the command line it will sort out dependency issues, and you can also use the -s tag to simulate everything and see if important things are going to get removed.

    Synaptic is a little better, because it will try to get dependencies and such...but apt-get is still the best way to go.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang64
    Question - What's with the
    but it is not installable


    I tried to find the file libqt2 without finding any such record on my root drive nor on my swap drive.

    Where do I go from here?
    That usually means you're trying to install a package that is too out of date or conflicts for whatever reason with packages you already have installed. What package are you trying to install and where are you getting it from?

    By the way, you're doing this from a hd-install right?

  10. #10
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Stanwood Washington
    Posts
    84
    mojo - Yes, it is a HD install, used knoppix-installer, beginner, to install from Knoppix 3.3 2-16-04. I have not upgraded anything - yet. Going slow this time as I don't want to install AGAIN!!!

    I edited my sources list to only the stable listings. Again, trying to play it safe. It looks about like this
    # Security updates for "stable"
    deb http://security.debian.org stable/updates main contrib non-free
    deb http://security.debian.org testing/updates main contrib non-free

    # Stable
    deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/pub/debian stable main contrib non-free
    deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/pub/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free

    # Sources
    deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/pub/debian stable main contrib non-free
    deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/pub/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free
    # Java
    deb ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/languages/java/linux/debian woody main non-free
    deb-src ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/languages/java/linux/debian woody main non-free
    # deb ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/languages/java/linux/debian unstable main non-free
    # deb-src ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/languages/java/linux/debian unstable main non-free
    with everything else commented (#) out.
    This info help?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Kpackage
    By jjbergdolt in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-10-2005, 05:43 PM
  2. kpackage
    By Mustang64 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 04:07 PM
  3. KPackage
    By WolfCub in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-16-2004, 07:08 AM
  4. How can I use KPACKAGE?
    By JLJR in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-11-2003, 01:24 AM
  5. Kpackage
    By Madcatz in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-08-2003, 07:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$169.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2a 8-Core Ryzen Pro 7 5850U 1.90GHz 512GB SSD 16GB RAM picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2a 8-Core Ryzen Pro 7 5850U 1.90GHz 512GB SSD 16GB RAM

$300.00



Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor

$175.00



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 3 8-Core AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 6850U 2.7GHz 512GB SSD 16GB RAM picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 3 8-Core AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 6850U 2.7GHz 512GB SSD 16GB RAM

$450.00



AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor

$59.99



Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2  / SR19W   3.30GHz 25MB  8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011 picture

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011

$30.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor

$245.99



Microsoft Surface Go 2 Laptop Core i5 1135G7 2.4GHz 8GB 128GB SSD picture

Microsoft Surface Go 2 Laptop Core i5 1135G7 2.4GHz 8GB 128GB SSD

$179.99



AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor

$250.00



Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS picture

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS

$259.98