Hello!
Running Knoppix 3.4/2.6.5-kernel on an ECS G732 laptop. Everything is relatively okay, just need access to a hi-speed connection to get everything the way I want it (i.e "vanilla" debian).
I cannot use the 2.4 kernel since it doesn't see my Synaptics touchpad, and I don't have a USB mouse around at the moment.
Now, the reason I came here...
I'm having a problem with getting my stv680 compatible digital USB camera (L'Espion) up and running. I had it running on another machine (with Mandrake) earlier, but that one is not available at the moment for config comparison. It works just fine in digicam mode(gtkam - as root), but won't for some reason work in webcam mode. It seems to be a problem with video4linux.
I have also tried all the other /dev/video#. No luck.Code:root@lighthouse:~# xawtv This is xawtv-3.92, running on Linux/i686 (2.6.5) can't open /dev/video0: No such device v4l-conf had some trouble, trying to continue anyway v4l2: open /dev/video0: No such device v4l2: open /dev/video0: No such device v4l: open /dev/video0: No such device no video grabber device available
I have loaded the modules: stv680, usbvideo, videodev
All the dev-files are present and accessible , anyway I ran as root.
It's set up according to the gqcam documentation.
I tried with a w9968cf based camera too, and I had the same problem (it was autodetected at startup).
Am I missing some modules or is it something else?
Edited lsmod-listing (I removed those that I know are definetly not relevant):
So, anybody gone down this path before? Any hints where to start looking? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. I've been messing with this for four days now, and I'm stumped...Code:root@lighthouse:~# lsmod Module Size Used by md5 8064 1 ipv6 248320 6 radeon 110620 6 lp 14024 0 eth1394 22916 0 stv680 27776 0 usbvideo 29312 0 videodev 11904 2 stv680,usbvideo nls_iso8859_1 8320 0 8250 34208 0 serial_core 23168 1 8250 usb_storage 67072 0 ohci1394 33920 0 ieee1394 305552 2 eth1394,ohci1394 ohci_hcd 20864 0 uhci_hcd 33416 0 usbcore 94420 7 stv680,usbvideo,usb_storage,ohci_hcd,uhci_hcd ds 17920 0 yenta_socket 17664 0 rtc 15560 0 jbd 68256 1 ext3
Sorry for a long and convoluted post.![]()

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$288.00
Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS
$49.99
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$278.99
Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00