-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Losing Control Of The Mouse

Originally Posted by
Loper

Originally Posted by
beforewisdom
When I log out of a desktop/window manager(icewm,gnome,kde) and return to a gui lilo dialog I lose control of the mouse... Thanks in advance.
Is it a PS/2 mouse or USB mouse? I suspect USB; what brand? One of the problems with inexpensive mice (and even some expensive ones, I suspect) is that they are only tested under Windows. There are hardware timing issues with some peripherals -- remember, a USB mouse has a microcontroller in it and has to "shake hands" with the PC hardware on a continuing basis. It may well be "losing its grip" while in command-line interface (CLI) mode. This
has happened to me.
Okay, here is where I show my hardware ignorance
.
If by "USB mouse" you mean having tiny little holes for tiny little rods at the connection point, then yes, it is a "usb mouse".
It is a 5 year old microsoft mouse I got with the gateway machine I have been using ( with Suse 7.2 ) until I got my new pc this weekend.
I also noticed that the middle mouse button ( a clickable mouse wheel ) doesn't seem to work.
Steve
Similar Threads
-
By nishtya in forum The Lounge
Replies: 16
Last Post: 10-26-2004, 04:45 PM
-
By jbrush in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-15-2004, 12:29 AM
-
By electronicjason in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-26-2003, 06:09 AM
-
By FelixDzerzhinsky in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-06-2003, 12:14 AM
-
By xeerex in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-08-2003, 07:40 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99