Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: DMA problem

  1. #1
    Guest

    DMA problem

    Knoppix Users -

    I used the hard-drive install script and it worked just great... now I have a problem with DMA on my hard drives... in other linux distros I have tried I had to disable DMA to have a reliable system. How do I do this in knoppix ? I notice it is possible to disable dma as a boot parameter from the LiveCD boot menu, but after install what is the solution ?

    I have consulted the debian manual, but I am slightly confused about the presence of other scripts generated by the knoppix live cd in my /etc/... directory... suggestions are appreciated ..

    At the moment I am using
    Code:
    hdparm -d0 /dev/hdX
    (where X is 1, or 2 in my case) to disable dma on my harddrives, if this helps others having the same problem.

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    bignick
    Guest
    in /etc/rcS.d or /etc/rcX.d (X is your runtime level, most likely 5) you can edit one of the startup scripts by adding the command to the very end or make your own script. For example

    in /etc/rc5.d create a file (S99disabledma) and put the following in it

    #! /bin/bash
    hdparm -d0 /dev/hdb
    hdparm -d0 /dev/hdc


    then change permissions so it's executable - chmod 755 should suffice

Similar Threads

  1. Problem Unique to Knoppix Later Versions!(SIS problem!)
    By bongski55 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-15-2003, 10:19 AM
  2. Wierd Problem With USB Keyboard, Maybe Motherboard Problem
    By Triple Six in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-15-2003, 04:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Amiga Commodore A500  - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage picture

Amiga Commodore A500 - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage

$200.00



Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ picture

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ

$279.00



RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500 picture

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500

$50.00



(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T) picture

(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)

$329.98



(2) 880k Floppy Disk Drives for Amiga 2000 2000HD 2500 FB-354 AMBER LED - ASIS picture

(2) 880k Floppy Disk Drives for Amiga 2000 2000HD 2500 FB-354 AMBER LED - ASIS

$34.98



Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On picture

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On

$100.00



1998 Winners Circle Systems Crystal Trackball Amiga Commodore 9-Pin DE-9 DB9 picture

1998 Winners Circle Systems Crystal Trackball Amiga Commodore 9-Pin DE-9 DB9

$74.99



Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000 picture

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000

$249.00



COMMODORE 1541-II FLOPPY DRIVE FOR C64 64C 128 TESTED AND WORKING LX56 💾 picture

COMMODORE 1541-II FLOPPY DRIVE FOR C64 64C 128 TESTED AND WORKING LX56 💾

$159.99



Best FlickerFixer RGB2HDMI Amiga HDMI Games, non-RTG A2000CPLDSlot v2.2 picture

Best FlickerFixer RGB2HDMI Amiga HDMI Games, non-RTG A2000CPLDSlot v2.2

$75.00