-
DMA problem
Knoppix Users -
I used the hard-drive install script and it worked just great... now I have a problem with DMA on my hard drives... in other linux distros I have tried I had to disable DMA to have a reliable system. How do I do this in knoppix ? I notice it is possible to disable dma as a boot parameter from the LiveCD boot menu, but after install what is the solution ?
I have consulted the debian manual, but I am slightly confused about the presence of other scripts generated by the knoppix live cd in my /etc/... directory... suggestions are appreciated ..
At the moment I am using
Code:
hdparm -d0 /dev/hdX
(where X is 1, or 2 in my case) to disable dma on my harddrives, if this helps others having the same problem.
Thank you.
Similar Threads
-
By bongski55 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-15-2003, 10:19 AM
-
By Triple Six in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-15-2003, 04:23 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst C9800-L-F-K9 9800-L Wireless LAN Controller w/ AC Adapter
$1596.60

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99

CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New
$1049.00