-
Senior Member
registered user
KDE not keeping English keyboard settings
Hi;
I installed Knoppix 3.1 to my new computer this weekend.
I followed the advice in the FAQ for changing the language and keyboard settings to English.
However, for some reason, under the user "knoppix" the English keyboard settings are not being saved in between sessions.
Everytime I log in the German flag is in the taskbar.
How can I change this setting permanently?
Thanks in advance
Steve
-
Right click the German flag icon, select Configure...Select US English from the Primary Layout. Click OK. At least that is how I did it.
-
That is it for me too.
And after you, see that is working correctly for a couple days, click that up arrow thingy, just to the left of it, and remove the flag from the desktop. Even though it nice to see th U.S. flag.
Bill
-
Senior Member
registered user
KDE not keeping English keyboard settings

Originally Posted by
mmaki
Right click the German flag icon, select Configure...Select US English from the Primary Layout. Click OK. At least that is how I did it.
It worked!
Now I know how frustrated non - Americans must have felt all of these years using software made in the US 
Thanks for the help
Steve
Similar Threads
-
By koselan in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 08-19-2004, 05:01 PM
-
By ron2big in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-01-2004, 07:24 PM
-
By TheTempest in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-24-2004, 10:30 PM
-
By reub2000 in forum Ideas
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-30-2003, 03:08 PM
-
By Stig in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-06-2003, 01:57 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$288.19

SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB
$34.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

NEW Lenovo Samsung 64GB LPDDR5X 8533 MHz LPCAMM2 Memory,For ThinkPad P1 Gen7,8,9
$1349.00

SK Hynix 16GB DDR4 2133MHz PC4-17000P-R 288-Pin ECC RDIMM, HMA42GR7MFR4N-TF
$55.00

Samsung 32GBX2 1Rx4 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory M393A4G40AB3-CWEBQ 64GB EC
$370.00

Apple Macbook Pro 16" M1 Max 10-Core 32GB 1TB - Good
$1099.99