Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: ip set up goes away everytime I reboot.....

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    30

    ip set up goes away everytime I reboot.....

    Incredible....knoppix appears to works 100% running from de cd....but once installed I am experiencing problems with sound and ip set up. (a sound problem was posted on "hardware" forum)

    I go to netcarconfig and set everthing needed...I get connected, I browse the net, send works to a local windos pc....all works fine...but once I shutdown the laptop and start it the next day...I have to configure everthing again....

    By the way, compared to XP, knoppix runs very fast....

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    17
    itīs the autoconfigure of knoppix....

    do this:


    run "sudo netcardconfig" from a shell.

    fill your values... after finished it tells you a shell setence:

    "ifconfig something somthing something"

    copy this string to the clipboard and open the file "/etc/init.d/networking" in your editor.

    find the section that makes the "start" function.
    at the end of the "start" section you find a line " echo"done."; "
    paste the string from the clipboard right after this line and save the file.

    you are done.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1
    Thanks!...
    Well, once again I realize that newbies, like me, will have to inteact with terminals...I īd rather go for windows-like interactions....you know there are more easy, but I agree in challenging the terminal and go for it.
    Iīll see how to do this.
    Thanks for the advice.



    Quote Originally Posted by tortele
    itīs the autoconfigure of knoppix....

    do this:


    run "sudo netcardconfig" from a shell.

    fill your values... after finished it tells you a shell setence:

    "ifconfig something somthing something"

    copy this string to the clipboard and open the file "/etc/init.d/networking" in your editor.

    find the section that makes the "start" function.
    at the end of the "start" section you find a line " echo"done."; "
    paste the string from the clipboard right after this line and save the file.

    you are done.

Similar Threads

  1. ip changes everytime hooking up to the internet
    By pcpro28 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-06-2004, 09:49 PM
  2. Do I have to configure my network card everytime?
    By ptesone in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-16-2004, 08:25 PM
  3. trying to install licq and fail everytime..
    By Daemon in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-07-2004, 05:18 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-2004, 02:15 AM
  5. TV run but I must configure everytime when I reboot
    By miauman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-20-2004, 06:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1625.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W picture

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W

$285.97



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots picture

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots

$745.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99