-
Using apt
I'm trying to find out how to install the apt package in Knoppix 3.4 so I can install packages. I've installed Knoppix to my hard drive. I've downloaded the apt package and placed it at root.
Paul Riemerman
-
Senior Member
registered user
Apt is already installed!
Try this:
as yourself, connect to the Internet.
Pop open an Xterm or a Konsole and su to root
then do:
apt-get update
(make a cup of tea)
then
apt-get install synaptic
(synaptic is a relatively user-friendly GUI front end to most of the features of apt-get)
There's lots more about apt get here:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2638
and here:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2638
for example.......
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 18000Pa 2 in 1 Vacuum Cleaner&Air Duster, Blue
$53.36

KARDV Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 500W/40Kpa Vacuum Cleaners for Home, 60Mins St...
$64.99

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$167.63

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

(2) Battery For FoxNoble Cordless Vacuum Cleaner GLBP01-6S26
$49.00

Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H
$104.98

Cordless Electric Mini Air Duster Blower Vacuum Cleaner for PC Computer Car Home
$16.99

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB
$82.00