Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Using apt

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Using apt

    I'm trying to find out how to install the apt package in Knoppix 3.4 so I can install packages. I've installed Knoppix to my hard drive. I've downloaded the apt package and placed it at root.

    Paul Riemerman

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    Apt is already installed!

    Try this:

    as yourself, connect to the Internet.

    Pop open an Xterm or a Konsole and su to root

    then do:

    apt-get update

    (make a cup of tea)

    then

    apt-get install synaptic

    (synaptic is a relatively user-friendly GUI front end to most of the features of apt-get)

    There's lots more about apt get here:

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2638

    and here:

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2638

    for example.......

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$275.00



Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$225.00



MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800 picture

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800

$189.95



Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC picture

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC

$65.00



​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested picture

​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested

$119.99



MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board picture

MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board

$675.00



S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI) picture

S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI)

$34.99



Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI picture

Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI

$150.00



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$29.99



Microcomputer Builder's Bible IMSAI 8080 Z80 ADM-3A DEC LSI-11 Altair 8800 Bus picture

Microcomputer Builder's Bible IMSAI 8080 Z80 ADM-3A DEC LSI-11 Altair 8800 Bus

$59.99