Hello! I have a little problem, because of my /home directory. I would like it not to be temporary located in RAM, but to be phisycally situated on my USB Flash MP3 Player (128mb). Can you give me an advice how to? Thank you very much.
Hello! I have a little problem, because of my /home directory. I would like it not to be temporary located in RAM, but to be phisycally situated on my USB Flash MP3 Player (128mb). Can you give me an advice how to? Thank you very much.
I think there's a menu option called "Create Persistent Home Directory"
Have a look at the FAQ which goes through the process.
I did that but when i run this script in console it tells me this message:
Xdialog: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libgtk-1.2.so.0: cannot read file data: Input/output error
I use knoppix 3.4 (as i know the last version). Please, help!
Why are you running a script in console? Just K->KNOPPIX->Configure->Create persistent home. Tell it you want your PH at /dev/sda1 (or wherever it is), reboot with the home=/dev/sda1 cheatcode, and it should be fine.Originally Posted by BuHHu-nyx
JD
I run it in console because it doesn't work in "knoppix" menu. It just waits about 15 seconds and does nothing. And i think there is no difference beetween running it from menu or console.
Fifteen seconds may not be long enough. It may take some time - I have a fairly fast Athlon box, and it sometimes takes a while. Depending on your machine, you might want to wait at least a couple of minutes. Try it again and set your "tea timer" to Earl Grey - my bet is that it will be fine.Originally Posted by BuHHu-nyx
JD
Try to understand: if I run it in menu it waits for about 15 seconds and crashes. To find out why it happens so, i ran this program in console and it printed this message:
That's why it crashes, but why there is error: that is the question. I have Pentium 2.4Ghz, 512Ram - enough, i expect, to run Knoppix. Help, please!Xdialog: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libgtk-1.2.so.0: cannot read file data: Input/output error

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99
Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00
AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$250.00
Apple Mac Pro 5,1 • 8‑Core 2.26GHz • 14GB RAM • 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD Dual NVIDIA
$325.00
AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
Intel Xeon W-2245 3.90Ghz 8 Core 16.5MB CPU Processor SRH02
$140.00
Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00
Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98