Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Installing Gens emulator

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    16

    Installing Gens emulator

    Hi!
    I want to install Gens emulator (genesys/megadrive) in knoppix linux in HD. Before (knoppix 3.3) I used to WINE it from windows partition, but Gens has a linux port.

    I've downloaded and try to compile, but ./configure said that I need latest GTK+ and knoppix has older ones. What I have to do? Update GTK+? Could this destroy system?

    Older Gens version doesn't use gtk, but sdl -> same problem

    Probably you will tell me that I can use other emulator, but I like this one (can play, copy music and bmps to hd, ...)

    Bye!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Portland, OR USA
    Posts
    568
    You mean the Sega Genesis emulator? Why not use apt-get to install it? Version 1.23-5 looks like it'll install fine on Knoppix v3.4. It's in the Debian unstable package list.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    16

    It's another emulator

    Thanks for help, but dgen and Gens are different emulators, I think. Dgen works perfectly but it's a bit slower than dgen at windows.

    Which others sega genesis emulators do u know?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Portland, OR USA
    Posts
    568
    D'oh! I was afraid of that.

    The only other one I know of is Generator.

Similar Threads

  1. apple // emulator
    By simple in forum Games
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-28-2005, 05:29 AM
  2. Slow a Fast GBA Emulator
    By prophet829 in forum Games
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-20-2005, 02:09 AM
  3. installing knoppix vs installing Linux from scratch
    By jza in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-03-2003, 11:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch picture

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch

$115.00



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99