Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: KDE not keeping English keyboard settings

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    149

    KDE not keeping English keyboard settings

    Hi;

    I installed Knoppix 3.1 to my new computer this weekend.

    I followed the advice in the FAQ for changing the language and keyboard settings to English.

    However, for some reason, under the user "knoppix" the English keyboard settings are not being saved in between sessions.

    Everytime I log in the German flag is in the taskbar.

    How can I change this setting permanently?

    Thanks in advance

    Steve

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Posts
    96
    Right click the German flag icon, select Configure...Select US English from the Primary Layout. Click OK. At least that is how I did it.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Northridge, California
    Posts
    48

    That is it for me too.

    And after you, see that is working correctly for a couple days, click that up arrow thingy, just to the left of it, and remove the flag from the desktop. Even though it nice to see th U.S. flag.

    Bill

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    149

    KDE not keeping English keyboard settings

    Quote Originally Posted by mmaki
    Right click the German flag icon, select Configure...Select US English from the Primary Layout. Click OK. At least that is how I did it.

    It worked!

    Now I know how frustrated non - Americans must have felt all of these years using software made in the US

    Thanks for the help

    Steve

Similar Threads

  1. Netcardconfig not keeping settings
    By koselan in forum Networking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-19-2004, 05:01 PM
  2. Keeping Settings
    By ron2big in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-01-2004, 07:24 PM
  3. Problems keeping settings across reboot
    By TheTempest in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-24-2004, 10:30 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-30-2003, 03:08 PM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-06-2003, 01:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$345.00



Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$295.00



​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested picture

​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested

$119.99



MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800 picture

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800

$189.95



MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board picture

MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board

$675.00



MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer picture

MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer

$2550.00



Computer Retrospective DDP-116 SEAC UNIVAC DEC PDP-8 Altair 8800 Cray-1 CDC 6600 picture

Computer Retrospective DDP-116 SEAC UNIVAC DEC PDP-8 Altair 8800 Cray-1 CDC 6600

$65.00



Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI picture

Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI

$150.00



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$29.99



ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute picture

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute

$99.00