Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Password Knoppix!!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    1

    Password Knoppix!!

    ok I know u guyz say there is no password for the user.. but I just installed to hd and I'm trying to change the account name and it is asking me for a password I tryed typing no password I tried leaving it blank but quite frankly nothing seems to work.. so if someone would know somethein that would help me that would be awesome.. I dunno what to say I tryed everything.. I only come here at last results.. whats the pass??? there has to be one.. !!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    436
    Change the account-name?
    Which account-name?

    Normally you add a new user by useradd, and delete a user by userdel.
    You may change the password for a user, but not the user himself.

    ok I know u guyz say there is no password for the user.
    Which guys?
    What do they say exactly?
    uschu bushu

Similar Threads

  1. What is password for Knoppix 3.8?
    By dhs13 in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-09-2005, 04:25 AM
  2. new password on knoppix
    By jborges in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-10-2004, 12:25 PM
  3. Knoppix 3.3 Password
    By pazza in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-31-2004, 06:46 PM
  4. How to Change Password to No Password?
    By TheCyberDude in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-19-2003, 10:43 PM
  5. Knoppix cd root password
    By swamishriji in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-07-2003, 04:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU picture

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU

$74.99



Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6 picture

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6

$14.99



PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU picture

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU

$15.99



HP ProDesk 405 G8 Desktop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 5650GE 16GB RAM 512GB SSD W11P picture

HP ProDesk 405 G8 Desktop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 5650GE 16GB RAM 512GB SSD W11P

$319.99



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Desktop Processor (3.7GHz, 6 Cores, AM4 CPU) 100-100000065 picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Desktop Processor (3.7GHz, 6 Cores, AM4 CPU) 100-100000065

$125.00



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$69.99



Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151

$39.99



GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4 picture

GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4

$229.95



Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY picture

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY

$94.99