-
Junior Member
registered user
Re: configure lilo after knoppix 3.4 hd install

Originally Posted by
dakota201
All I want are the options of Linux and Windows hda1 and I want to default to Windows, I've tried editing etc/lilo.config and no matter what I do it still defaults to linux in about one second. Mandrake had a nice GUI to edit lilo, choose defualts, delete choices....I can't find that in Knoppix. I tried going to the admin.....edit lilo.....did all that several times and still no luck.
HELP!!!
Did you run lilo to implement your configuration after editing /etc/lilo.conf ? You probably know this, but hey maybe the Mandrake GUI was so nice you didn't have to...
first edit lilo.conf and run the command lilo:
root@yourcomputername#lilo
If it works it should print some messages like
Added entry Linux
Added entry Windows hda1
Similar Threads
-
By ottosykora in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-03-2005, 11:57 PM
-
By ackelley in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 03-15-2005, 08:06 PM
-
By Islander in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-31-2004, 08:02 PM
-
By fritschi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-06-2004, 12:02 AM
-
By Calvi Risorta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 14
Last Post: 05-23-2004, 07:44 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$680.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU
$99.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key
$829.99

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

OPNsense Firewall Router VMware Edge 640 Atom C3758 32GB ECC RAM 256GB SSD 10Gbe
$284.99