woohoo found it! Thanks a lot guys.![]()
desktop image off the gnome site
I'm curious to know what this program is (on the right side of the desktop). Is it gkrellm? And if it is, what theme and where can I get it?
Thanks.
woohoo found it! Thanks a lot guys.![]()
Well, was it gkrellem or something else? I'm trying to find the transparent theme for gkrellem but can't find it. It looks more like karamba, but that's a kde program if I'm not mistaken.
Damn, Durand, you nailed it on the head! karamba it is, and it's very cool. Thanks. (Many karamba themes are available at kde-look.org.)
(Obligatory screenshot.)
It was actually gdesklet that I found.
http://gdesklets.gnomedesktop.org
It uses gnome libraries, I installed gnome anyway on my knoppix hd install so this fits me perfectly.
Screenshots are here: http://www.lynucs.org/?gdesklets
It looks really nice.![]()
OK, Durand, never mind. You didn't nail it.
gDesklets looks pretty cool too. Works fine on KDE with Gnome installed. (I don't particularly care for Gnome's file manager, Nautilus, but why look a gift horse in the mouth?)
The screenshot's been updated to show all 3, GKrellM, gDesklets, and karamba, side-by-side.
Hey whats up fellas,
I'm pretty much a newbie to when it comes to linux, I just recently made the jump from being only a windows user to now being a linux user. I knew that Linux was for me, once I started to notice how truly powerful Linux is, and of course when I was conversating amongst my co-works about how Windo$e is such a crappy OS when it comes to Linux.
Anyways enough said, what I really would like to know is basically this. Is there a monitoring program such as the ones used for Gnome? Some of you have referenced this site http://gdesklets.gnomedesktop.org. Is there a site just like this for KDE? And also I'm still using the Knoppix 3.4 CD and would like to know, can still install such a monitoring program? I havent yet done an HD install, because I dont have the space. I'm getting around to doing it, so any help would greatly be appreciated![]()
Thanks,
Shaolin
Well shaolin, it's not too hard to find. As eco2geek mentioned there is karamba which appears to do the same thing as gdesklets, only, under kde. It can be found here: http://www.efd.lth.se/~d98hk/karamba/
http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=5561
Just check out http://www.kde-look.org for all kinds of enhancements to kde.
In case you didn't know, you should still be able to use gdesklets with kde as long as you have certain gnome libraries installed. (you don't need the whole gnome window manager installed)
I have no idea how to install gdesklets on a knoppix cd boot, and if you could you would have to install it every time you rebooted. So best would be to install it on your hard drive first.
Hey Xamimdar,
Thanks for the info, again I'm still quite the newbie when it comes down to Linux, I just wanted to see if I could make it work on a Boot CD. I'm still trying to find news ways to apply and learn Linux so if you have any suggestions that would be great.
Thanks,
Shaolin

Vintage Iomega Bernoulli 90 PRO 90MB SCSI Removable Disk Drive + Extras
$124.99
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
Vintage RARE Gigabyte GA-5AA Socket 7 Motherboard AMD K6-2 400mhz BOOTS TO BIOS
$224.99
Vintage Laptop HP Hewlett Packard Pavilion N3110 Celeron 433 MHz *Please Read*
$50.99
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage Kensington Orbit 64226 Ergonomic Trackball Mouse HTB 164 Tested Working
$23.75
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New
$82.00