-
Junior Member
registered user
Boot Menu at startup
2 QUESTIONS
A. Knoppix 3.4 currently boots to a default linux lilo prompt "knoppix: ...." where you can specify boot options. Is it possible to customize it to boot to a menu so you can pick different boot options like Lilo when you install it on hard drive. For example
Welcome to Knoppix pick one of the options below.
1. Boot Knoppix kernel 2.6
2. Boot Knoppix Kernel 2.4
3. Boot MS DOS
4. Boot Win 2k Recovery Console
5. BLA BLA BLA just boot the damn thing
Any suggestions would be apreciated.
B. Once I get the Menu setup how would I lunch custom script pertaining to the option I pick so it automatically lunches once I pick that option?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Yes, you can edit /etc/lilo.conf after you install it to your hard drive. You can set an image as the background and list several different boot options.
Here's mine-
http://kde-look.org/content/preview....+splash+screen
On the bottom right I set it to give the choices-
Linux
Linux 2.6
Win2k
You probably can't set those special windows boot options through lilo though, but you could adjust the window's bootloader to be able to boot those choices and also to boot Linux instead of using Lilo.
-
Junior Member
registered user
I meant seting up a menu on the live cd it self not after it is installed on the hard drive. I waqnt to customize the cd so the user has a boot menu on the live cd, would I do it the same way as on the hard drive or not.
Similar Threads
-
By dimpflmoser in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 04:22 AM
-
By Castershell in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-29-2004, 07:49 PM
-
By gradnite in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-16-2004, 12:13 AM
-
By HOLOTMO in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-04-2004, 08:08 AM
-
By ierix in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-06-2003, 01:36 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 500GB NVMe | 3TB HDD
$798.00

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00