I can't help yo by telling you what that means but, chances are the burn is bad. Try typeing
testcd at bootup also try reburning.
Hi all
First of all, to avoid misunderstandings: I am a newbie to Linux. When I boot with the knoppix-cd, I get the following message:
SMP mptable: no processors registered!
BIOS bug, MP tavle errors detected!...
...disabling SMP support (tell your hw vendor)
hde: lost interrupt
Now, the strange thing is that the CD worked the first time I ran it. Then, I had some virus problems (sasser). After disinfecting my computer, formatting my c-partition ang getting everything back to work, I've been trying the knoppix-cd several times. Can anyone shed some light on this? Can anyone tell me what "SMP mptable", and "MP" are? Thanks a lot.
I can't help yo by telling you what that means but, chances are the burn is bad. Try typeing
testcd at bootup also try reburning.
SMP is for multiprocessor computers. Try the cheatcode nosmp.
I've tried nosmp, it didn't help. I tried a new burn, still didn't work.
I also tried Mepis liveCD. It doesn't give any SMP-errors but fails right after doing some work on 'hde'. So I guess that's where the real problem is. But I've no clue what should be wrong with 'hde'...
Did you try any more cheatcodes? Like: noscsi nodma
You could start with failsafe just to see if it'll boot.
I just tried to run it failsafe. It starts loading but just stops after a line reading:
hde: attached ide-disk driver
However, before this it has already detected hdc-hde...
I just don't get it, everything worked fine the first time I ran the CD, before the virus attack. I'm thinking perhaps the virus attacked my bios, but that just seems to unbelievable. Firstly, becuase sasser (which was the only detected virus) does not do that and, secondly, because everything else works fine. It's so strange...

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-768GB +384GB - 656-0119/ 656-0120
$69.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$155.00
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$949.00
Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73
Dell Latitude 15.6” FHD Core i5 Laptop PC Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11
$305.98