-
Weird problem
Hi all
First of all, to avoid misunderstandings: I am a newbie to Linux. When I boot with the knoppix-cd, I get the following message:
SMP mptable: no processors registered!
BIOS bug, MP tavle errors detected!...
...disabling SMP support (tell your hw vendor)
hde: lost interrupt
Now, the strange thing is that the CD worked the first time I ran it. Then, I had some virus problems (sasser). After disinfecting my computer, formatting my c-partition ang getting everything back to work, I've been trying the knoppix-cd several times. Can anyone shed some light on this? Can anyone tell me what "SMP mptable", and "MP" are? Thanks a lot.
Similar Threads
-
By grogo in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-29-2005, 12:38 PM
-
By Me|2c in forum The Lounge
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-27-2004, 04:29 AM
-
By tonynaia in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-10-2004, 05:47 PM
-
By sn0wflake in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 12-02-2003, 04:22 AM
-
By AlterEgo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-13-2003, 08:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$12.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01