I am having problem when trying to boot the system using a television set as the display.
I intend to use knoppix in a home theatre PC, with the TV plugged into the svideo-out (tv out) of my Geforce3.
When past the boot prompt I get:
However I suspect this is just the res/mode to use for displaying the console/text?You have passed an undefined mode number. Press <RETURN> to see video modes available, <SPACE> to continue or wait 30 secs
The real problem is X either failing to load or if it does load, the screen scrolling wildly and fuzzily like when you try and display a resolution or refresh rate too high for your monitor or video card.
When I use any of:
... X loads but the screen is fuzzy and scrolling wildly as described above.Code:knoppix screen=640x480 knoppix noddc screen=640x480 knoppix screen=320x240 knoppix noddc screen=320x240 knoppix screen=720x576 (I think this is supposed to be the 'PAL' resolution) knoppix noddc screen=720x576
When I use any of:
... X fails to load, and then knoppix tries again with XFree86(vesa) and then XFree86(bmzsomething), and then gives up and I have the prompt (not the 'limited' prompt that you are sometimes given when booting fails).Code:knoppix noddc screen=anything vsync=50 hsync=15.625 (this is suppose to be the refresh rates of PAL I think) knoppix noddc screen=anything vsync=50 hsync=15 knoppix noddc screen=anything vsync=50 hsync=16 knoppix noddc screen=anything vsync=50 hsync=28 (with any of the resolutions tried above)
Knoppix/X loads fine on the same system with a monitor plugged in.
It is a 333mhz celeron system with 256MB of RAM and a Geforce3.
I've also tested the CD on at least three other computers including a laptop, with no problems at all.
I've looked through the cheat codes list but nothing really stands out at me as a potential solution
Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi! You're my only hope!!
-StormCyko

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$175.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2a 8-Core AMD Ryzen 7 5850U 512GB SSD 16GB RAM - #252092
$280.00
Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW
$225.00
Lenovo ThinkCentre M720Q Core i5-8500T 2.10GHz 8GB 128GB SDD W11 Mini PC (Z3675)
$125.96
Dell OptiPlex 3050 (256 GB SSD, Intel Core i5 7th gen, 8 GB RAM) Working
$149.99
SRF8X Intel Xeon Gold 6240 18 Core 2.60GHz 24.75MB 150W Processor CPU
$19.99
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core 3.4GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor….
$309.99
Dell Latitude 7200 Touch Tablet Laptop 12” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99
DELL OPTIPLEX 3280 21.5" AIO Core i5 10500T 8GB 256GB NVMe Windows 11 -NO STAND
$189.99