Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Can't save any config settings

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    9

    Can't save any config settings

    I have asked before but I didn't get any answers as to why I can't save any config settings on a 3.3 HD install.

    Can anyone tell me how to change and save the monitor settings. I can't get anything but 640x480 makes no difference how many times I change and save it and the only way to access the monitor settings is to log in as ''root" and that still don't change the settings.

    There are a couple other things which I can't get to change such as the toolbars in Konqurer, it just refuses to keep the settings from one session to another. The icons on the desktop refuses to stay where I put them from one session to another, they are just helter skelter on the desktop at each session.

    Might there be some trick, which I have not found, to change and save these settings.

    Thanks
    Dooley

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    692
    One reason why you may not be getting an answer is that you are posting in the wrong place. You can post this here if you want, but the folks who can help you aren't looking here. They're looking for people to help under the HD installation category. I'm not meaning to be rude or anything - I'd help you if I could - but I've never installed to HD. You need to abandon this thread and repost over there to get a good answer. Once you do, do a reply here with a link to your new thread, so that if anyone stumbles across this one, they know where to go to help you.

    HTH
    JD

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by j.drake
    One reason why you may not be getting an answer is that you are posting in the wrong place. You can post this here if you want, but the folks who can help you aren't looking here. They're looking for people to help under the HD installation category. I'm not meaning to be rude or anything - I'd help you if I could - but I've never installed to HD. You need to abandon this thread and repost over there to get a good answer. Once you do, do a reply here with a link to your new thread, so that if anyone stumbles across this one, they know where to go to help you.

    HTH
    JD
    Thanks for the help. I will try to post in the HD section.

Similar Threads

  1. How do i save my settings?
    By ricesteam in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-03-2005, 07:31 PM
  2. cannot save the config
    By linksta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-06-2004, 10:27 PM
  3. Save Config settings
    By Dooley in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-22-2004, 09:48 PM
  4. How to rename the knoppix account and save all settings
    By Kethinov in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-22-2003, 10:24 PM
  5. Save hardware settings to a file for use with other distros?
    By dokzeus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-06-2003, 02:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW picture

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW

$13.89



LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to... picture

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...

$162.04



V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB picture

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB

$82.00



Cordless Computer Vacuum 14500Pa 110000RPM Air Duster Blower Keyboard Cleaning picture

Cordless Computer Vacuum 14500Pa 110000RPM Air Duster Blower Keyboard Cleaning

$63.99



US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits picture

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits

$13.89



2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM picture

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM

$37.99



Mini Cordless Electric Keyboard Car Vacuum Cleaner Cleaning Duster Rechargeable picture

Mini Cordless Electric Keyboard Car Vacuum Cleaner Cleaning Duster Rechargeable

$9.97



2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower picture

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower

$16.99



Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles picture

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles

$53.99



Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe picture

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe

$53.99