Can you post your fstab? Strange though that it used to mount ok, but there's always hope...
Are you quite sure your hda is physically ok?
Can you post your fstab? Strange though that it used to mount ok, but there's always hope...
Are you quite sure your hda is physically ok?
I think it is physically ok. I can mount it manually and it works flawless then.
Here is my fstab:
EDIT: darn, now that I read it... who did set them to noauto? grrr, not meCode:# /etc/fstab: filesystem table. # # filesystem mountpoint type options dump pass /dev/hda2 / reiserfs defaults 0 1 proc /proc proc defaults 0 0 /dev/fd0 /floppy vfat defaults,user,showexec,umask=022 0 0 usbdevfs /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs defaults 0 0 sysfs /sys sysfs defaults 0 0 /dev/sr1 /dvd iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,unhide 0 0 /dev/sr0 /cdrom iso9660 auto,ro,user,noexec,unhide 0 0 # Added by KNOPPIX /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 ntfs noauto,users,exec,ro,umask=000 0 0 # Added by KNOPPIX /dev/hda3 /mnt/hda3 vfat noauto,users,exec,umask=000 0 0 # Added by KNOPPIX /dev/hda5 /mnt/hda5 auto noauto,users,exec 0 0 # Added by KNOPPIX /dev/hda6 none swap defaults 0 0
Now that I've set them to auto again, it works. I really do not know how they came to be set to noauto. I have not modified it, nor anyone with access to my machine. Strange, must be Bill G. who had his fingers hin it.
Sorry, but you can't blame Bill for this one, everything else YES.![]()
I think Knoppix recreates your fstab under the lines saying # Added by KNOPPIX.
You can either comment out the part about rebuilding fstab in /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig, or add nofstab to the append line in lilo.conf.

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram
$112000.00
Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08